(Picture coming soon!)
Total Time: 70 minutes, Serves: 6
- 8 ounces Terrell Creek Farm Finley Feta
- 3 whole jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt and pepper
- 1 head garlic
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Zest of 1/2 a lemon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Chop the top off the garlic bulb and drizzle it with a teaspoon of olive oil
- Wrap it in oil and sprinkle it with salt and pepper
- Either grill or roast them – I stuck them in oven with garlic and just watched until they were charred
- Remove both from the oven and let them cool
- Once jalapenos are cooled, remove the skins, cut them in half and discard the seeds. Chop them into small pieces. Do not let them touch your eyes!
- In a large bowl, crumble the Terrell Creek Farm Finley Feta bricks (crumbling the bricks yourself works best, but if you can only find crumbled feta, that is fine)
- Add chopped jalapenos, the zest of half a lemon and the juice of half a lemon
- Squeeze the roasted garlic out of the bulb directly into the feta. Add 1/4 cup of olive oil and mash it with a fork. You want the feta to be a bit “wet” – I can best describe it as a cross between a spread and a dip. There is no right and wrong – make it however you’d like.
- Taste the feta and season with salt and pepper
- Serve with pita chips, warm pita or naan, or spread it on sandwiches
- Store it in the fridge for up to one week. I find I like it best a room temperature, so allow it to sit out for about 30 minutes before serving.
Note: This is a Terrell Creek Farm Original Recipe.