(Picture coming soon!)
Total Time: 90 minutes, Serves: 4
- 4 ounces Terrell Creek Farm Chevre
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2 teaspoon safflower (or other neutral) oil
- Maldon (or other crunchy) sea salt
- Roll the Terrell Creek Farm Chevre into small spheres and spread them out on a parchment paper covered baking sheet. Put them in the freezer and allow them to freeze.
- The oil lets you cheat on tempering the chocolate. It helps stabilize the crystal structure and keeps the chocolate from blooming even when it hasn’t been tempered.
- Gently melt the chocolate with the oil, stirring it until all lumps are gone. Let it cool a bit.
- Dip the Terrell Creek Farm Chevre spheres into the chocolate and put them back on the parchment paper to set. Sprinkle a bit of crunchy salt on top of each one after it is dipped – act fast though, because the chocolate will set very quickly!
- Store in the fridge. Serve cold, but not frozen.
Note: This is a Terrell Creek Farm version of the original gothamist.com recipe.