Total Time: 30 minutes, Serves: 4
- 4 ounces Terrell Creek Farm Chevre
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 leek, washed and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon sweet curry powder
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- Melt butter in a large saucepan or dutch oven over medium heat
- Add leek, salt and pepper and cook, covered, until very soft, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add garlic and curry powder and cook for another minute
- Add vegetable stock and pumpkin puree and mix well
- Bring to a boil, cover and turn down the heat. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Remove soup from the heat and add goat cheese
- Puree soup in a food processor, blender or with an immersion blender
- You may need to puree the soup in batches
- Make sure to vent the food processor or blender while processing
- Return the soup to the pot. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Serve warm
Optional Garnish: Thin additional goat cheese with milk until it is the consistency of whipped cream. Place a dollop of goat cheese in the center of each bowl before serving.